EXCECUTIVE PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN DISASTER MANAGEMENT AND SAFETY (EPD-DMS)
This course is developed to take disaster and safety professionals beyond the protection of lives and properties but to a high level of education and practice. This will enable disaster and safety professionals to develop a comprehensive understanding of disaster, security risk, safety and emergencies. This course is designed with academic and professional orientation to broaden your skills and knowledge in all aspect of disaster and safety management.
What you'll learn
- Participants will gain critical thinking, blend with academic and professional skills to counter new threats and response to crisis situations.
- Become an identified Disaster Risk Management Practitioner or Consultant.
- Work in foreign companies, international NGOs, external relations services, law enforcement agencies, military, para-military, World Bank, United Nations and elsewhere to provide advice on disaster risk best practices.
- Participants gain direct membership and certification into Association of Disaster Managers without Borders, African Society of Disaster Risk Managers and Chartered Institute of Disaster and Safety Managers Delaware USA Inc as Chartered Disaster Manager.
- Understand the position of disaster risk manager as key to safety by integrating the disaster manager’s functions into the organizational goals.
This is where disaster and safety managers must have to decide who should respond and protect what, how, when and where? This course addresses new threats experienced by society, corporate organizations and governments for learners to be equipped with practical skills to counter these threats.
This course consists of two (2) modules with the courses interlinked with one another for learners to examine the issues of professional disaster risk managers. The required duration for classroom study is four (4) months upon submission of 2,000 words essay in addition to a 100 question text quiz. The pass grade is 60%, to receive the Executive Professional Diploma in Disaster Management and Safety (EPD- DMS) Certificate internationally recognised and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Disaster and Safety Managers Delawares USA Inc. The essay should demonstrate that the learner has examined the main points related to the question. Appreciate the theoretical issues underpinning the question; illustrate an adequate breadth and depth of knowledge; and cover the points necessary for a thorough examination of the question and referencing all works derived from literature sources.
- Principles and Practices of Disaster Management.
- Climate Change and Food Security.
- Public Health and Basic Life Support .
- Vulnerability, Capacity and Risk Assessment.
- Disaster Victims Management.
- Search and Rescue Operations.
- Fire Prevention, and Safety Techniques .
- Project Management for Disaster and Emergency Situations.
- Conventions and Legal Issues in Disaster Management.
- Data Analysis and Methodology.
Candidates applying for this course must have a minimum of degree or ten (10) years with a minimum of diploma in related discipline from any recognized institution.