CERTIFIED PRIVATE SECURITY OPERATIVE (CPSO)
This course has been developed to take aspiring security professionals beyond the assets protection credential to operations and practice. This will enable security operatives to develop an understanding of security risk, crime and emergencies. This course is designed with professional orientation to broaden your skills and knowledge in all aspect of security operations management.
What you'll learn
- Participants will gain knowledge and professional skills to counter new threats and response to crisis situations.
- Advance your career to Diploma and above level with our professional certification.
- Work in foreign companies, international NGOs, external relations services, law enforcement agencies, military, World Bank, United Nations and elsewhere.
- Understand the position of security operatives.
The demands for training of public and private security professionals over the years to acquire skills in security operations have increases in scope. It is time for public and private security to understand security and emergency business.
This course consists of one module with the courses interlinked with one another for learners to examine the issues of security, emergencies and crime. The required duration for classroom study is four (4) weeks in addition to a 100 question text quiz. The pass grade is 60%, to receive the Certified Private Security Operative(CPSO).
- Introduction to Disaster and Emergencies Management
- Introduction to Human Relations
- Introduction to Security Management
- Physical Security
- Corporate Security
- Risk Assessment
- Intelligence and Investigation
- Security Report Writing and Processing
- Basic Fire Prevention and Techniques
Candidates applying for this course must have minimum of WAEC/NECO or its equivalent.
The Private Security Operative Program is designed specifically for all level security operatives