CERTIFIED EXECUTIVE SECURITY PROFESSIONAL (CESP)
This course has been developed to take security professionals beyond the assets protection credential to a high level of education and practice. This will enable security professionals to develop a comprehensive understanding of security risk, crime and emergencies. This course is designed with academic and professional orientation to broaden your skills and knowledge in all aspect of security risk management.
What you'll learn
- Participants will gain critical thinking, blend with academic and professional skills to counter new threats and response to crisis situations.
- Advance your career to Master degree level in Terrorism and Security Studies with our partner Universities in Cameroun, Benin, and USA.
- Credit transfer for award of Executive Professional Diploma in Security Management.
- Become an identified practitioner or consultant.
- Work in foreign companies, international NGOs, external relations services, law enforcement agencies, military, World Bank, United Nations and elsewhere to provide advice on security best practices.
- Participants gain direct membership and certification into Association of Disaster Managers without Borders and Chartered Institute of Disaster and Safety Managers Delaware USA Inc.
- Understand the position of security manager as a leader and motivator by integrating the security manager’s functions into the organizational goals.
The demands for training of public and private security professionals over the past 30 years to acquire high-level skills in security risk management have increases in scope. It is time for public and private policing to understand security and emergency business. This is where security and disaster managers, criminologists, sociologists, management theorists and governments must have to decide who should protect what, how, when and where? This course addresses new threats experienced by corporate organizations and governments for learners to be equipped with practical skills to counter these threats.
This course consists of two (2) modules with the courses interlinked with one another for learners to examine the issues of professional security, emergencies and crime. The required duration for classroom study is four (4) months upon submission of 2,000 words essay in addition to a 130 question text quiz. The pass grade is 60%, to receive the Certified Executive Security Professional (CESP) Certificate accredited by the Chartered Institute of Disaster and Safety Managers Delaware USA Inc. The essay should demonstrate that the learner has examined the main points related to the question. Appreciate the theoretical issues underpinning the question; illustrate an adequate breadth and depth of knowledge; and cover the points necessary for a thorough examination of the question and referencing all works derived from literature sources.
- Security Management – From Theory to Practice.
- Physical Security.
- Corporate Security.
- Introduction to Disaster and Emergencies Management.
- Executive and Asset Protection in Security Management.
- Security and Law Enforcement.
- Vulnerability and Risk Assessment.
- Research Methodology .
- Intelligence and Investigation Management Practices.
- Introduction to Nigerian Civil and Criminal Laws.
- Security Report Writing and Processing.
- Fire Prevention and Techniques.
Candidates applying for this course must have worked at least for five (5) years in any security organization (public or private) with a degree or ten (10) years with a minimum of diploma from any recognized institution. Security professionals with equivalent qualification may apply for course exemption if satisfactory requirements have been fulfilled.
The Executive Security Professional Program is designed specifically for all level security professionals.